How to create and update G Suite users. How to manage their use of Google Apps in GroupCamp.
This FAQ explains how to create GroupCamp users from your G Suite domain users. How to re-sync and update users in GroupCamp. How to manage the use of Google Apps (Calendar, Drive, etc) in your GroupCamp Account.
If you don't have a GroupCamp account associated with your G Suite domain, this FAQ will help you to setup your account: How to set up a Google G Suite domain in my account.
In this article:
- Update one, several ou all existing users (Synchronization)
- How to enable or disable Google Drive and Google Contacts?
- Google Calendar sync: Managed by administrators or by users
Use the + button of the main menu bar. Select Create users then the Colleagues choice.
With the G Suite tab of the Create colleagues window, you can:
- search for G Suite users with fisrtname, lastname or email address,
- select a G Suite organization and check the users you want to create in GroupCamp.
Select their working groups and invite them.
Only GroupCamp administrators can access the G Suite tab.
G Suite users become GroupCamp colleagues. If somebody has created a G Suite user as a Guest in GroupCamp (before the setup of GroupCamp in your G Suite domain), when creating or syncing this user, he/she will become automatically a colleague.
Users of your G Suite domain can self-create a colleague user in GroupCamp.
- By clicking on the GroupCamp app in their Google apps menu.
- By going to your GroupCamp Login page and clicking on the Sign in with Google link.
You can disable this feature. To learn more, please consult this FAQ: How to set up a Google G Suite domain in my account.
The G Suite app is only available for GroupCamp administrators.
This app allows you to update G Suite users (Sync) and manage user access to Google Apps: Google Drive, Contacts, and Google Calendar.
It shows organizations in your G Suite domain and all known GroupCamp users who have an email address on your domain.
When changes occur to G Suite users in your Google Admin app, you must re-synchonize users in GroupCamp for the changes to be effective.
- With the Sync button you can update all existing G Suite users of your GroupCamp account.
- To update one or several users, select them with your mouse and keyboard (Ctrl+Click), then use the contextual menu (Right-click, < m > touch of your keyboard or click on the More button.
When a user is deleted in your G Suite domain, this user will be automaticallly added to the Trash of the Users app when syncing. The GroupCamp column of the app will display a Trash. You must Permanently delete this user manually. (This will give you time for tasks, jobs, etc reallocation).
The default values set in the G Suite icon of the Admin Panel (Drive = ON/OFF, Contacts = ON/OFF) are used when you create new GroupCamp colleagues.
You can enable or disable these apps by user. Click on the More button to display the contextual menu for a user.
The default values set in the G Suite icon of the Admin Panel (Google Calendar= ON/OFF, Managed by administrators = ON/OFF) are used when you create new GroupCamp colleagues.
When Google Calendar is ON, the main calendar (email address) is synced with tasks, milestones and jobs of the user.
With the Calendar choix of the contextual menu of a user, you can set his/her calendar in the User window.
Check the box to make the calendar managed by GroupCamp administrators.
Administrators can manage the G Suite Google Calendar for the user. They can also set the sync to iCal or No Sync. They cannot sync personal Google or Microsoft calendars (Except if they have the password of the user).
Uncheck the box to make the calendar managed by the user.
User can set the sync of their calendar him/herself.
The G Suite app display calendar status:
- Managed or Not managed by administrators.
- Current sync and status: No Sync, iCal, Google or Microsoft
The first name, last name and email address of each user are synchronized.
Photo synchronization depends on a setting (ON / OFF) located in the G Suite icon of the Admin Panel.
When the setting is set to ON:
- G Suite photos are used when creating colleagues in GroupCamp,
- Photos are updated when users are re-synchronized (delete or new photo).
When a photo has been uploaded to GroupCamp The re-synchronization of the user does not take into account his/her G Suite photo. You must first delete the GroupCamp photo to re-synchronize the G Suite photo.
The following FAQ explains, step by step, how to check the settings of your GroupCamp account and your G Suite domain: G Suite Administrators: Troubleshoot your Google G Suite Apps Marketplace issues.