This week more integration is on the horizon!
The online file sharing service Box is now officially integrated with GroupCamp.
You can now connect your Box service and share files in your GroupCamp projects.
Good news: The GroupCamp online project management software now integrates with the Dropbox file sharing service!
You can now connect your Groupcamp account with your Dropbox account and share files in your GroupCamp projects.
We are happy to annouce the release of the new features you've asked for.
- Files application : Added alphabetical and chonological files sorting (and vice versa)
- Tasks application
- Added task lists in the Search button.
- Aded a filter: My tasks (On-going)
- Added a counter in the Users and Groups applications' menus
- Increased the length of the input field when typing a team's name (increased from 20 to 40 characters)
- Better email notifications so that you keep a pulse on your newly invited users: Invitation confirmation, bouncing email, undelivered email etc.
In the coming days and weeks we will be publishing detailed blog posts on some of the major features we have just released but for now here is an almost exhaustive list of what is new in the latest version of GroupCamp.
It all starts with the new UI
Please refer to our blog on the guiding principles behind the new UI.
The ‘Network’ sidebar menu with Profile and People
- New enriched profile page for users and guests,
- Customize the available fields in user profiles,
- Manage visibility or privacy of your profile information,
- The People app now serves a corporate directory. Invited guests within the app only see people within their own company.
- Please note that Members tab in each project has been removed. Clicking on the members of a project will now direct you to that user’s Profile page
Tracking pack and Timesheet app
- You can now grant access to Timesheet to users of your account even if ther are not members of a project.
- Access to the Tracking pack is managed in the settings for Users and Guests.
Global settings: project time measuring unit & timesheets
- As an Administrator you can set the unit to be used by all users of the account (hours or days) for all projects. This applies to both estimated time and records for time spent,
- The same applies for the Timesheet.
Dear GroupCamp Users,
As you may know GroupCamp is getting ready to launch new offerings for the end of this year and we needed a new User Interface (UI) which would easily accomodate those new applications while keeping or improving your existing user experience.
We are happy to announce that the user interface is ready to be launched and this blog post describes the main changes in the upcoming UI.
1. Introducing the new sidebar on the left
The new User Interface has a new sidebar on the left. The project browing menu therefore moves from the top menu bar to the side bar (click on My Projects). You can also, if you are an Administrator or a Manager, create a new project right from the side bar.
You’ll also see a mention of ‘Open Projects’. I’ll cover this with further details below.
Please note that you can hide the sidebar on the left by clicking on the toggle icon in the top menu bar.
2. New Packs in the left hand pane (Network, Tracking)
The sidebar on the left is where GroupCamp’s new application packs will appear. So you can already see what will be the premise of our planned Enterprise Social Network offering (under Network) and our Tracking offering which is where we hope to bring tracking features such as Expenses and Project costs (on top of the existing time tracking features).
Ecco a voi due nuove funzionalità per la gestione dei documenti in GroupCamp Project:
• la prima è molto semplice e riguarda la visualizzazione della lista delle versioni precedenti,
• la seconda, molto attesa, concerne il miglioramento dell’importazione di documenti che si trovano in un altro progetto.
The GroupCamp team is happy to announce that we have gone one step further for our Gmail and Google Apps users in our integration with Google Docs. As you know, up till now, GroupCamp Project has two main Google Docs integration features which are:1) the ability for users to create a Google Docs file from GroupCamp which is readily shared with all members of a Google Apps domain (for Google Apps accounts) and 2) the ability to link to an existing Google Docs Files from your online projects.
We have now worked on giving you a view of the actual revisions of your various Google Docs file in your Google/Gmail or Google Apps account. And because the magic never stops, you can also decide for a particular revision of a file, in which format you want to import the file into your project. This allows you to easily convert a Google Docs file into PDF or Microsoft Excel, Word or Powerpoint format. We have also implemented for your Google Docs documents, the ability to convert them into .odt or .ods (OpenDocument format) files.
Google Docs revision management information within your projects
In the Files application of your project, you can link to a Google Docs file if your GroupCamp account is linked to either a Gmail or Google Docs Account or if it is installed in your Google Apps domain. To link to a Gmail account, add your Google Account in the ‘My Settings’ section. If you want to install GroupCamp in your Google Apps domain, first go to the Google Apps Marketplace.